Tuesday, May 26, 2009

dream 9 results

dream 9 results

DREAM 9 Results: What everyone wants to know is, how did Jose Canseco do in his mixed martial arts debut at Yokohama Arena? Well to be hinest, there’s not much to talk about as Canseco did exactly how everyone expected him to against Korean giant, Hing Man Choi.

In his anticipated MMA debut in Japan’s DREAM 9 “Super Hulk Tournament”, the former Major League Baseball slugger/steroid-freak came out swinging and kicking against the 7’2” 330-pound Choi.

However, that didn’t last very long, as Canseco was knocked down after about a minute into the fight and then tapped out after getting pounded on the head a few times. The fight was stopped at the 1 minute 17 second mark of the first round.

Choi will advance to the second round of the Super Hulk Tournament , while Canseco will leave him with a quick paycheck and a lingering migraine headache.

"That's a big man," Canseco said. "I ran into one of his left jabs and that almost knocked me out. You have no idea how scary it was facing a man that big."

Just seconds into the fight, Canseco claims he reinjured his knee and that didn’t allow him to do much against the giant. "I hurt my knee back home real bad but I didn't want to disappoint the fans," he said. "I knew that at some point during the fight my knee was going to give out and once I was down I knew I wasn't going to get up. He's just too heavy to move."