Sunday, May 10, 2009

how to make scrambled eggs

how to make scrambled eggs

Recently I bought a dozen eggs at a supermarket. Imagine my surprise when I cracked one of those eggs the next morning to make scrambled eggs for my husband. It had three yolks. How often does this happen?

Why can't your husband make his own scrambled eggs? It's not exactly rocket science, is it?

Tell him it's his turn to fix breakfast while you go out for a walk or stay in bed a bit longer or just sit around watching to see what kind of mess he makes of things.

I suppose, however, that is neither here nor there.

Multiple-yolk eggs are fairly rare. I know this because when I order my Saturday-morning corned-beef hash with an egg over easy, it has never arrived with more than one yolk, much less with two or three, yolks. Maybe they are holding out on me, but I doubt it.

Anyway, one thing I read said a triple-yolk egg is a one-in-a-billion occurrence, but I don't know if that is really true.

I did find out that double yolks occur about once in 1,000 eggs. And that there is such a thing as an egg with four yolks, but that sort of thing is extremely rare.